Have a question that's not answered on this list? Send us an email
What is a black box theatre?
A black box theatre is usually a simple, no-frills room with black walls and a flat floor. The simplicity of design allows for flexible staging and seating and places the focus on the story and characterizations rather than technical bells and whistles. Many theatre lovers feel the black box involves the actors and audience more completely than traditional spaces because it requires participants to contribute from their own imagination and experience, making the event deeply personal.
When do the doors open?
The start times of our shows were designed to best fit our patrons’ schedules and therefore vary as follow:
- Outer doors to lobby open at 6:30pm
- Inner doors to theatre open at 7:00pm
- Curtain at 7:30pm Friday & Saturday Evenings:
- Outer doors to lobby open at 7:00pm
- Inner doors to theatre open at 7:30pm
- Curtain at 8:00pm Sunday Matinees:
- Outer doors to lobby open at 1:00pm
- Inner doors to theatre open at 1:30pm
- Curtain at 2:00pm
Is there an intermission?
There is normally one 15-minute intermission. However, there are rare instances when a show requires that there be no intermission or that there be two intermissions. This is stated in the program for the evening.
Are food and drinks served?
Soft drinks, bottled water, coffee and desserts are available for purchase at intermission. Alcohol is not served unless a private party has rented the space and procured a license to serve it.
Where is 2nd Space Theatre located?
The 2nd Space Theatre is in the Tower District of Fresno, CA, between Van Ness and Wishon on the south side of Olive. The address is 928 E. Olive, Fresno, CA. 93728.
What do patrons usually wear?
Patrons wear everything from cocktail dresses to nice jeans and a shirt they’d wear to work. We wish you to be comfortable but appreciate good grooming.
Where can we park?
There is parking on the street if you arrive early as well as a parking lot on the east of the theatre. The Dollar Tree across Olive to the north graciously allows our patrons to park in their lot as long as we do no park directly in front of the store in the first 2 rows. Fulton’s Folly to the west requests that we not use their lot on Sundays.
Are there restaurants nearby?
There are many wonderful restaurants, cafés and coffee shops in the Tower District:
- Roger Rocka's Dinner Theater on the corner of Olive and Wishon offers dinner or lunch-only options for patrons of 2nd Space when seats are available.
- The iconic Golden Restaurant on Fulton serves its popular Chinese cuisine for lunch and dinner.
- Cuca's Mexican Restaurant is right next door to 2nd Space if your prefer to dine just a few steps away.
- Just across Van Ness to the east you'll fine the Cuvee wine bar and Oggi Trattoria Italiano.